The European Union as a global conflict manager
- edited by Richard G. Whitman and Stefan Wolff.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2012.
- Physical description
- xviii, 253 p. ; 26 cm.
Law Library (Crown)
|JZ1570 .E89 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -249) and index.
- The European Union as a global conflict manager / Richard G. Whitman and Stefan Wolff
- Institutional nature of the EU as a global conflict manager / Carmen Gebhard
- Transforming CSDP for global conflict management / Alistair J. K. Shepherd
- The role of the EU as a conflict manager in Cyprus / James Ker-Lindsay
- Sub-Saharan Africa : a priority region for EU conflict management / Gorm Rye Olsen
- The EU and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict / Asaf Siniver
- The limits of EU conflict management in the case of Abkhazia and South Ossetia / Richard G. Whitman and Stefan Wolff
- The EU in Afghanistan / Eva Gross
- The EU as a reluctant conflict manager in Moldova / Claire Gordon
- EU conflict management in Bosnia and Herzegovina and Macedonia / Annemarie Peen Rodt and Stefan Wolff
- The EU special representatives as a capability for conflict management / Cornelius Adebahr
- EU performance in military conflict management / Annemarie Peen Rodt
- EU performance in civilian crisis management / Nicoletta Pirozzi
- The EU as a global conflict manager : reflections on the past, perspectives for the future / Richard G. Whitman and Stefan Wolff.
- Publisher's Summary
- In recent years the European Union (EU) has played an increasingly important role as a manager of global conflicts. This book provides a comprehensive assessment of how the EU has performed in facilitating mediation, conflict resolution and peacebuilding across the globe. Offering an accessible introduction to the theories, processes and practice of the EU's role in managing conflict, the book features a broad range of case studies including Afghanistan, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Cyprus, Israel-Palestine, Macedonia and Moldova and examines both the institutional and policy aspects including the common foreign, security and defence policy. Drawing together a wide range of contributors, this will be of great interest to students of European Foreign Policy, the EU as a global actor and conflict resolution and management.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- European Union countries > Foreign relations > 21st century.
- Security, International > Government policy > European Union countries.
- Conflict management > International cooperation > History > 21st century.
- Conflict management > International cooperation > Case studies.
- Mediation, International > History > 21st century.
- Mediation, International > Case studies.
- Publication date
- 9780415528559 (hbk.)
- 0415528550 (hbk.)
- 9780415528726 (pbk.)
- 0415528720 (pbk.)
- 9780203115039 (ebk.)
- 0203115031 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: