Encyclopedia of human behavior
- editor-in-chief, V.S. Ramachandran.
- 2nd ed.
- Oxford : Elsevier/Academic Press, 2012.
- Physical description
- 3 v. : ill. (some col.), ports. ; 29 cm.
- Ramachandran, V. S.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- The Encyclopedia of Human Behavior, Second Edition is an award-winning three-volume reference on human action and reaction, and the thoughts, feelings, and physiological functions behind those actions. Presented alphabetically by title, 300 articles probe both enduring and exciting new topics in physiological psychology, perception, personality, abnormal and clinical psychology, cognition and learning, social psychology, developmental psychology, language, and applied contexts. Written by leading scientists in these disciplines, every article has been peer-reviewed to establish clarity, accuracy, and comprehensiveness. The most comprehensive reference source to provide both depth and breadth to the study of human behavior, the encyclopedia will again be a much-used reference source. This set appeals to public, corporate, university and college libraries, libraries in two-year colleges, and some secondary schools. Carefully crafted, well written, and thoroughly indexed, the encyclopedia helps users-whether they are students just beginning formal study of the broad field or specialists in a branch of psychology-understand the field and how and why humans behave as we do. * Named a 2013 Outstanding Academic Title by the American Library Association's Choice publication* Concise entries (ten pages on average) provide foundational knowledge of the field* Each article features suggested further readings, a list of related websites, a 5-10 word glossary and a definition paragraph, and cross-references to related articles in the encyclopedi* Newly expanded editorial board and a host of international contributors from the United States, Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780123750006 (hbk.)
- 0123750008 (hbk.)