Active citizen participation in e-government [electronic resource] : a global perspective
- Hershey, PA : Information Science Reference, c2012.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xviii, 631 p.) : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Publisher's Summary
- As governments across the world increasingly adopt information and communication technology to improve their efficiency and effectiveness, they are gradually providing opportunities for citizen participation and engagement online. The use of Internet technologies raises the possibility for large-scale e-democracy and enhances the degree and quality of public participation in government. Active Citizen Participation in E-Government: A Global Perspective focuses on the issues and challenges involving adoption and implementation of online civic engagement initiatives globally and will serve as a valuable guide to governments in their efforts to enable active citizen participation. This book details the efforts of governments and public agencies in providing proper channels for engaging their citizens and presents a wide range of research on approaches undertaken by governments across the world in facilitating active citizen participation online.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- [edited by] Aroon Manoharan, Marc Holzer.
- "Premier reference source"--Cover.
- Index not included in electronic reproduction.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Active citizen participation in e-government. Hershey, PA : Information Science Reference, c2012 9781466601161 (DLC) 2011046465 (OCoLC)755699564
- 9781466601178 (electronic bk.)
- 1466601175 (electronic bk.)