A creative approach to the common core standards : the Da Vinci curriculum
- Harry Chaucer.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2012.
- Physical description
- xiii, 208 p. : ill ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1628.5 .C43 2012||Unknown|
- Chaucer, Harry.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 187-196) and index.
- Table of Contents List of Tables and Figures Preface How to Read This Book Acknowledgments Introduction Chapter 1 The Common Core as Unprecedented Opportunity-Renaissance or Reform? Chapter 2 The Da Vinci Core Curriculum in Light of Contemporary Educational Theory Chapter 3 The Da Vinci Core Curriculum-Student, Teacher, and the Common Core Chapter 4 Using the Mind Well- Inductive and Socratic Instructional Practices: Becoming Disciples of Experience Chapter 5 The Da Vinci Teacher-Engaging Teachers, Engaged Students Chapter 6 Recipes from the Da Vinci Curriculum-Chef Leonardo Chapter 7 Details of the Da Vinci Curriculum and Alignment with the Common Core State Standards Chapter 8 Selected Examples of Rich Inductive Content from the 7-9th Grade Da Vinci Curriculum Chapter 9 Selected Examples of Rich Inductive Content from the 10-12th Grade Da Vinci Curriculum Chapter 10 Leonardo da Vinci-His Life and His Relevance to Life Today Chapter 11 Rounding out the Program-Satellite Programs and Common Questions Chapter 12 Putting Theory into Practice-New Schools, Schools Within Schools, and Curriculum Renewal. (DuFour and Evans 101.) References About the Author.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781610486729 20160609
- Publisher's Summary
- A Creative Approach to the Common Core Standards: The Da Vinci Curriculum challenges educators to design programs that boldly embrace the Common Core State Standards by imaginatively drawing from the genius of great men and women such as Leonardo da Vinci. A central figure in the High Renaissance, Leonardo made extraordinary contributions as a painter, architect, sculptor, scientist, engineer, and futurist. A Creative Approach demonstrates that schools can cultivate genius such as Leonardo's while insuring that all students realize the core skills that are crucial to all citizens. Chaucer's Da Vinci Curriculum is relevant to public and independent educators who are creating schools-within-schools, charter schools, renewing schools, or rethinking their own classrooms. A Creative Approach serves as a model of biographical curricula that embraces the standards that Americans share as citizens in a democracy. The text is rich in theory that has been tested in real classrooms. By example, Chaucer demonstrates that high schools can be more demanding, imaginative, engaging, and joyous that most high schools tend to be today. By adapting the Da Vinci Curriculum, all educators can participate in this educational renaissance!.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781610486729 20160609
- Publication date
- 9781610486729 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1610486722 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781610486736 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610486730 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610486743 (electronic)
- 1610486749 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: