Shaping social justice leadership : insights of women educators worldwide
- Linda L. Lyman, Jane Strachan, and Angeliki Lazaridou.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2012.
- Physical description
- xviii, 241 p. : ill ; 27 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LB2837 .L96 2012
- Unknown LB2837 .L96 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 215-228) and index.
- List of Tables Foreword by Ira Bogotch Foreword by Marianne Coleman Acknowledgments Chapter One - Exploring Meaning through Personal Narratives Chapter Two - Passages into Pathways Chapter Three - Imperatives Chapter Four - Values Create a Larger Circle Chapter Five - Skillful Authentic Leadership Chapter Six - Resilience Chapter Seven - Multiple Paths Toward Advancing Social Justice Outcomes Chapter Eight - Actions Define Social Justice Leadership Chapter Nine - An Invitation Afterword by Helen C. Sobehart References Index About the Authors.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Shaping Social Justice Leadership: Insights of Women Educators Worldwide contains evocative portraits of twenty-three women educators and leaders from around the world whose actions are shaping social justice leadership. Woven from words of their own narratives, the women's voices lift off the page into readers' hearts and minds to inspire and inform. Representing fourteen countries, these members of Women Leading Education Across the Continents (WLE) portray the complexity of twenty-first-century leadership. The variety of continents, countries, personal backgrounds, professional positions, and ages of those who contributed narratives give the book credibility. The portraits are framed with relevant scholarship and grouped thematically. Each carefully crafted portrait highlights an aspect of a chapter theme, followed by practical insights. The chapters develop a range of cultural comparisons, illustrate imperatives for social justice leadership, and examine values, skills, resilience, leadership pathways and actions. The authors invite all educators-both women and men-to shape social justice leadership through collective efforts around the globe that create new possibilities for a more just world. Learn more about Shaping Social Justice Leadership here.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Published in partnership with the American Association of School Administrators.
- 9781610485630 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1610485637 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781610485647 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610485645 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610485654 (electronic)
- 1610485653 (electronic)