Transforming teaching and learning through data-driven decision making
- Ellen B. Mandinach, Sharnell S. Jackson.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2012.
- Physical description
- xvii, 259 p. : ill ; 23 cm.
- Classroom insights from educational psychology.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1028.43 .M362 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 235-250) and index.
- Acknowledgements About the Authors Introduction 1. The Context of Data-Driven Decision Making 2. What Research Tells Us About Data-Driven Decision Making 3. Technology to Support Data-Driven Decision Making 4. Continuous Capacity Building: Data-Driven Decision-Making Skills and Pedagogical Data Literacy 5. Using Data for Continuous Improvement: Processes and Structures 6. Building a Culture to Use Data 7. Differentiated Instruction Using Formative Assessments 8. CHOPS: Learning from Examples and Closing Thoughts Endnotes References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Gathering data and using it to inform instruction is a requirement for many schools, yet educators are not necessarily formally trained in how to do it. This book helps bridge the gap between classroom practice and the principles of educational psychology. Teachers will find cutting-edge advances in research and theory on human learning and teaching in an easily understood and transferable format. The text's integrated model shows teachers, school leaders, and district administrators how to establish a data culture and transform quantitative and qualitative data into actionable knowledge based on: Assessment Statistics Instructional and differentiated psychology Classroom management Data-driven decision making and data literacy skills are at the intersection of all of these areas, and the authors link them to show how to establish a vision and improve student learning. Included are vignettes that demonstrate the concepts in practice and tips for using technology to assist in the process.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Classroom insights from educational psychology series
- A joint publication with Division 15 : Educational Psychology, American Psychological Association.
- 9781412982047 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- 1412982049 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: