Fundamentals of enzyme kinetics
- Athel Cornish-Bowden.
- 4th completely rev. and greatly enl. ed.
- Weinheim : Wiley-VCH, c2012.
- Physical description
- xviii, 498 p. : ill ; 25 cm.
Biology Library (Falconer)
|QP601 .C756 2012||Checked out - Overdue|
- Cornish-Bowden, Athel.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Basic Principles of Chemical Kinetics Introduction to Enzyme Kinetics "Alternative" Enzymes Practical Aspects of Kinetics Deriving Steady-state Rate Equations Reversible Inhibition and Activation Tight-binding and Irreversible Inhibitors Reactions of More than One Substrate Use of Isotopes for Studying Enzyme Mechanisms Effect of pH on Enzyme Activity Temperature Effects on Enzyme Activity Regulation of Enzyme Activity Multienzyme Systems Fast Reactions Estimation of Kinetic Constants Standards for Reporting Enzymology Data Solutions and Notes to Problems Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Now in its fourth edition, this textbook is one of the few titles worldwide to cover enzyme kinetics in its entire scope and the only one to include its implications for bioinformatics and systems biology. Multi-enzyme complexes and cooperativity are therefore treated in more detail than in any other textbook on the market. The respected and well known author is one of the most experienced researchers into the topic and writes with outstanding style and didactic clarity. As with the previous editions, he presents here steady-state kinetics and fast reactions, supplementing each chapter with problems and solutions. For the first time, this edition features color illustrations and a companion website.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9783527330744 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 3527330747 (pbk. : alk. paper)