Voices from the fisheries [electronic resource] : oral history database documenting the human experience of the fisheries of the United States
- [Silver Spring, Md.] : NOAA Fisheries, National Marine Fisheries Service
- Physical description
- 1 online resource
- About the project
- How to participate
- Frequently asked questions
- Search collection
- Add interview
- Project partners
- Other online collections
- Multimedia exhibits
- Fishers > United States > Interviews > Databases.
- Fishers' spouses > United States > Interviews > Databases.
- Seafood industry > United States > Employees > Interviews > Databases.
- Shipbuilding industry > United States > Employees > Interviews > Databases.
- Oral biography > Databases.
- Fisheries > United States > History > Sources.
- Fishing > United States > History > Sources.
- Database topics
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Oral history database documenting the human experience of the fisheries of the United States
- Updated irregularly
- "[A] central repository for consolidating, archiving, and disseminating oral history interviews related to commercial, recreational, and subsistence fishing in the United States and its territories"--About the project.
- Chief components: Audio files in MP3 format; transcripts in PDF format; metadata in HTML format.
- Metadata elements for each interview include: source collection; abstract; interviewee name, gender, occupation, and state/region; interview date; topics and subtopics.
- Related item
- Bartsch, Julie. Voices from the fisheries handbook
- Key Title
- Voices from the fisheries