Guide to effective grant writing [electronic resource] : how to write a successful NIH grant application
- Otto O. Yang.
- 2nd ed.
- New York ; London : Springer, 2012.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Yang, Otto O.
- Preface To The First Edition.- Preface To The Current Edition.-Overview: Overall Goals When Writing Grant Applications.- Organization And Use This Guide.- Preparing To Write.- Types Of Nih Grants.- Anatomy Of The Nih Grant Application.- Starting To Write: Deciding The Research Aims And Overcoming Writer's Block.- Organization And Writing Style.- Figures And Tables.- Specific Aims.- Research Strategy: Significance.- Research Strategy: Innovation.- Research Strategy: Approach.- Bibliography And References Cited.- Appendices.- Collaborators And Consultants.- Training And Career Development Grants.- Administrative Sections And Submission Process.- Scoring Process.- Resubmitting An Application.- Non-Nih Grants.- Conclusions.- Appendix: Useful Web Resources.- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781461415800 20160614
- Publisher's Summary
- Guide to Effective Grant Writing: How to Write a Successful NIH Grant, 2nd edition is a fully updated follow-up to the popular original. It is written to help the 100,000+ post-graduate students and professionals who need to write effective proposals for grants. There is little or no formal teaching about the process of writing grants for NIH, and many grant applications are rejected due to poor writing and weak formulation of ideas. Procuring grant funding is the central key to survival for any academic researcher in the biological sciences; thus, being able to write a proposal that effectively illustrates one's ideas is essential. Covering all aspects of the proposal process, from the most basic questions about form and style to the task of seeking funding, this volume offers clear advice backed up with excellent examples. Included are a number of specimen proposals to help shed light on the important issues surrounding the writing of proposals. The Guide is a clear, straight-forward, and reader-friendly tool. Guide to Effective Grant Writing: How to Write a Successful NIH Grant Writing is based on Dr. Yang's extensive experience serving on NIH grant review panels; it covers the common mistakes and problems he routinely witnesses while reviewing grants.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781461415800 20160614
- Publication date
- Previous ed.: New York: Kluwer Academic/Plenum, 2005.
- Includes index.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Yang, Otto O. Guide to effective grant writing. 2nd ed. New York ; London : Springer, 2012 ( 9781461415800 )
- 9781461415817 (electronic bk.)
- 1461415810 (electronic bk.)