Origami design secrets : mathematical methods for an ancient art
- Robert J. Lang.
- 2nd ed.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- xi, 758 p. : col. ill. ; 28 cm.
Math & Statistics Library
|TT870 .L2614 2012||Unknown|
- Lang, Robert J. (Robert James), 1961-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 727-742) and index.
- Table of Contents Introduction Building Blocks Elephant Design Traditional Bases Folding Instructions Stealth Fighter. Snail. Valentine. Ruby-Throated Hummingbird. Baby. Splitting Points Folding Instructions Pteranodon. Goatfish. Grafting Folding Instructions Songbird 1. KNL Dragon. Lizard. Tree Frog. Dancing Crane. Pattern Grafting Folding Instructions Turtle. Western Pond Turtle. Koi. Tiling Folding Instructions Pegasus Circle Packing Folding Instructions Emu. Songbird 2. Molecules Folding Instructions Orchid Blossom. Silverfish. Tree Theory Folding Instructions Alamo Stallion. Roosevelt Elk. Box Pleating Folding Instructions Organist. Black Forest Cuckoo Clock. Uniaxial Box Pleating Folding Instructions Bull Moose Polygon Packing Crease Patterns Flying Walking Stick. Salt Creek Tiger Beetle. Longhorn Beetle. Camel Spider. Water Strider. Scarab Beetle. Cicada Nymph. Scarab HP. Cyclomatus metallifer. Scorpion HP. Euthysanius Beetle. Spur-Legged Dung Beetle. Hybrid Bases Folding Instructions African Elephant References Glossary of Terms Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The magnum opus of one of the world's leading origami artists, the second edition of Origami Design Secrets reveals the underlying concepts of origami and how to create original origami designs. Containing step-by-step instructions for 26 models, this book is not just an origami cookbook or list of instructions-it introduces the fundamental building blocks of origami, building up to advanced methods such as the combination of uniaxial bases, the circle/river method, and tree theory. With corrections and improved illustrations, this new expanded edition also covers uniaxial box pleating, introduces the new design technique of hex pleating, and describes methods of generalizing polygon packing to arbitrary angles. With coverage spanning the foundations of origami construction and advanced methods using both paper and pencil and custom-built free software, Origami Design Secrets helps readers cultivate the intuition and skills necessary to develop their own designs. It takes them beyond merely following a recipe to crafting a work of art.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- "An A K Peters book."
- 9781568814360 (pbk.)
- 1568814364 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: