The Cambridge dictionary of statistics in the medical sciences
- B.S. Everitt.
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 1995.
- Physical description
- 274 p. : ill ; 24 cm.
- Everitt, Brian.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Preface-- Notes on use-- Acknowledgements-- Sources-- The Dictionary.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521473828 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- If you use statistics and need a useful, up-to-date and reliable sourcebook that provides simple definitions and explanations of statistical concepts, especially those used in biomedicine, then you will need this dictionary. Over 2000 terms are included here; Professor Everitt has aimed to provide brief but useful descriptions of those terms frequently found in the medical and medical statistics literature. Where appropriate, graphical illustrations or numerical examples are given, and the use of mathematical formulae has been minimised. This will be an essential reference for workers in all branches of medicine, applied statistics and biostatistics, especially research workers and research oriented clinicians.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521473828 20160528
- Supplemental links
Table of contents
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Dictionary of statistics in the medical sciences
- 0521473829 (hardback)
- 9780521473828 (hardback)
- 0521479282 (pbk.)
- 9780521479288 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: