Democratic narrative, history, and memory
- edited by Carole A. Barbato and Laura L. Davis.
- Kent, Ohio : Kent State University Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- xi, 257 p. : ill ; 24 cm.
- Symposium on democracy series
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LD4191 .O72 D46 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 228-241) and index.
- Kent State and historical memory / Thomas M. Grace
- Kent State comes to Canada : internationalizing the antiwar movement / Christopher Powell
- Remembering injustice and the social construction of silence / Jay Winter
- Visualizing the limits of democracy in the silence of the cold war : the photography of Life magazine and the unraveling of the American century / Devan Bissonette
- Lost history/lost democracy : media culture and the 1960s / Edward P. Morgan
- "Of loss and learning" : how anniversary coverage affects understanding of May 4,
- 1970 / Janet Leach and Mitch McKenney
- Wars on trial in three landmark documentary films : Night and fog, Hearts and minds, and Taxi to the dark side / Daniel L. Miller and Suzanne Clark
- The role of forgetting in remembering : the desegregation of Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas / Cathy J. Collins
- Confronting the legacies of violence : lessons from Kent State and Greensboro, North Carolina / Renee Romano
- Social remembering and Kent State / Jerry M. Lewis
- Appendix: This we know : chronology of the shootings at Kent State, May
- 1970 / Carole A. Barbato, Laura L. Davis, and Mark F. Seeman.
Essays based on and revised from presentations at the 2009 Kent State University Symposium on Democracy.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Essays based on and revised from presentations at the 2009 Kent State University Symposium on Democracy.
- 9781606351192 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1606351192 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: