Beyond behavior management : the six life skills children need
- Jenna Bilmes.
- 2nd ed.
- St. Paul, MN : Redleaf Press, 2012.
- Physical description
- xvi, 319 p. : ill ; 28 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LB3013 .B54 2012
- Unknown LB3013 .B54 2012
- Bilmes, Jenna, 1948-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The six life skills
- Children who need extra support.
- Publisher's Summary
- Give children the social and emotional tools they need to grow and thrive on their own All children--not just those with challenging behaviors--require guidance as they develop the social and emotional skills they will use the rest of their lives. This resource provides everything you need to help children build and use six essential life skills: attachment, belonging, self-regulation, collaboration, contribution, and adaptability. Developed and tested in the classroom, this strength-based approach includes strategies, examples of supportive interactions, and special activities to help you manage challenging behaviors and strengthen social and emotional development in all children. Reflecting significant changes in early childhood education, this second edition of "Beyond Behavior Management" aligns each life skill with early learning standards and addresses cultural awareness and its impact on child development. With these essential life skills, children will exhibit more prosocial behaviors, work better as a classroom community, and become excited and active learners.Jenna Bilmes is an early childhood consultant and an instructional designer for WestEd Child and Family Services. She is a frequent presenter to teachers, administrators, and counselors nationally and internationally.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781605540733 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1605540730 (pbk. : alk. paper)