Inclusive instruction : evidence-based practices for teaching students with disabilities
- Mary T. Brownell ... [et al.].
- New York, NY : Guilford Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- xix, 220 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- What works for special needs learners.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC1200 .I545 2012||Unknown|
- Brownell, Mary T.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 201-213) and index.
- Part I. Recognizing Our Professional Responsibilities to Students and Understanding Their Needs. Recognizing Professional Responsibilities to Students with Disabilities in Inclusive Classrooms. Recognizing the Individual Needs of Students with High-Incidence Disabilities. Recognizing the Qualities of Successful Inclusive Teachers. Recognizing the Need for Collecting Meaningful Data. Part II. Responding with Effective Instruction and Technology Supports. Planning Effective Classroom Instruction. Fostering Concept Development. Creating Strategic Learners. Building Fluent Skills Use. Managing Inclusive Classrooms, with Kristin Murphy. Using Evidence and Collaborative Inquiry Successfully in Inclusive Classrooms, with Elizabeth Filippi.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This accessible book presents research-based strategies for supporting K-8 students with high-incidence disabilities in becoming accomplished learners. The authors clearly describe the core components of effective inclusive instruction, showing how to recognize and respond to individual students' needs quickly and appropriately. Teachers are provided with essential tools for managing inclusive classrooms; planning a curriculum that fosters concept development across content areas, promotes strategic learning, and builds fluent skill use; and integrating technology into instruction. Case examples illustrate ways that special and general education teachers can work together successfully to solve complex learning problems and improve outcomes for students who are struggling.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- What works for special-needs learners
- 9781462503889 (pbk.)
- 9781462504022 (hbk.)
- 1462504027 (hbk.)
- 1462503888 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: