Handbook on securing cyber-physical critical infrastructure [electronic resource]
- Sajal Das, Krishna Kant, Nan Zhang (editors).
- Waltham, MA : Morgan Kaufmann, c2012.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: Securing Cyber-Physical Infrastructures--An Overview Part 1: Theoretical Foundations of Security Chapter 1: Security and Vulnerability of Cyber-Physical Infrastructure Networks: A Control-Theoretic Approach Chapter 2: Game Theory for Infrastructure Security
- The Power of Intent-Based Adversary Models Chapter 3: An Analytical Framework for Cyber-Physical Networks Chapter 4: Evolution of Widely Spreading Worms and Countermeasures : Epidemic Theory and Application Part 2: Security for Wireless Mobile Networks Chapter 5: Mobile Wireless Network Security Chapter 6: Robust Wireless Infrastructure against Jamming Attacks Chapter 7: Security for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks Chapter 8: Defending against Identity-Based Attacks in Wireless Networks Part 3: Security for Sensor Networks Chapter 9: Efficient and Distributed Access Control for Sensor Networks Chapter 10: Defending against Physical Attacks in Wireless Sensor Networks Chapter 11: Node Compromise Detection in Wireless Sensor Networks Part 4: Platform Security Chapter 12: Hardware and Security: Vulnerabilities and Solutions Chapter 13: Languages and Security: Safer Software Through Language and Compiler Techniques Part 5: Cloud Computing and Data Security Chapter 14: Protecting Data in Outsourcing Scenarios Chapter 15: Data Security in Cloud Computing Chapter 16: Secure Mobile Cloud Computing Chapter 17: Relation Privacy Preservation in Online Social Networks Part 6: Event Monitoring and Situation Awareness Chapter 18: Distributed Network and System Monitoring for Securing Cyber-Physical Infrastructure Chapter 19: Discovering and Tracking Patterns of Interest in Security Sensor Streams Chapter 20: Pervasive Sensing and Monitoring for Situational Awareness Chapter 21: Sense and Response Systems for Crisis Management Part 7. Policy Issues in Security Management Chapter 22: Managing and Securing Critical Infrastructure
- A Semantic Policy and Trust-Driven Approach Chapter 23: Policies, Access Control, and Formal Methods Chapter 24: Formal Analysis of Policy based Security Configurations in Enterprise Networks Part 8: Security Issues in Real-World Systems Chapter 25: Security and Privacy in the Smart Grid Chapter 26: Cyber-physical Security of Automotive Information Technology Chapter 27: Security and Privacy for Mobile Healthcare (m-Health) Systems Chapter 28: Security and Robustness in the Internet Infrastructure Chapter 29: Emergency Vehicular Networks Chapter 30: Security Issues in VoIP Telecommunication Networks.
- Publisher's Summary
- The worldwide reach of the internet allows malicious cyber criminals to coordinate and launch attacks on both cyber and cyber-physical infrastructure from anywhere in the world. The purpose of this handbook is to introduce the theoretical foundations and practical solution techniques for securing critical cyber and physical infrastructures as well as their underlying computing and communication architectures and systems. Examples of such infrastructures include utility networks (e.g., electrical power grids), ground transportation systems (automotives, roads, bridges and tunnels), airports and air traffic control systems, wired and wireless communication and sensor networks, systems for storing and distributing water and food supplies, medical and healthcare delivery systems, as well as financial, banking and commercial transaction assets. The handbook focus mostly on the scientific foundations and engineering techniques - while also addressing the proper integration of policies and access control mechanisms, for example, how human-developed policies can be properly enforced by an automated system. It addresses the technical challenges facing design of secure infrastructures by providing examples of problems and solutions from a wide variety of internal and external attack scenarios It includes contributions from leading researchers and practitioners in relevant application areas such as smart power grid, intelligent transportation systems, healthcare industry and so on. It is loaded with examples of real world problems and pathways to solutions utilizing specific tools and techniques described in detail throughout.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Available in another form
- Print version: Handbook on securing cyber-physical critical infrastructure. Waltham, MA : Morgan Kaufmann, c2012 ( 9780124158153 )
- 9780124158153 (electronic bk.)
- 0124158153 (electronic bk.)
- 9780124159105 (electronic bk.)
- 0124159109 (electronic bk.)