Effective read-alouds for early literacy : a teacher's guide for preK-1
- Katherine A. Beauchat, Katrin L. Blamey, Zoi A. Philippakos ; foreword by Sharon Walpole.
- New York : Guilford Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- xvii, 140 p. : ill ; 27 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1573.5 .E34 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 127-134) and index.
- Using Read-Alouds to Build Early Literacy and Language. Preparing for Read-Alouds in the Classroom. Developing Oral Language through Read-Alouds. Developing Vocabulary through Read-Alouds. Developing Book and Print Conventions through Read-Alouds. Developing Alphabet Awareness through Read-Alouds. Developing Phonological Awareness through Read-Alouds. Developing Comprehension through Read-Alouds. Tracking Your Progress. Appendix: Blank Planning Templates. Children's Books.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781462503964 20160614
- Publisher's Summary
- Sharing high-quality storybooks and nonfiction books is not only enjoyable for young children and teachers - it is also a powerful way to build crucial literacy skills. This engaging guide provides effective strategies for selecting books and using read-alouds to develop children's oral language, vocabulary, concepts of print, alphabet knowledge, phonological awareness, and comprehension. Illustrated with rich examples from diverse classrooms, the book takes teachers step by step through planning and setting goals for read-alouds, as well as reflecting on each lesson to inform future instruction. Helpful planning templates can be reproduced for repeated use; the large-size format facilitates photocopying.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781462503964 20160614
- Publication date
- 9781462503964 (pbk.)
- 1462503969 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: