Educating young giants : what kids learn (and don't learn) in China and America
- Nancy Pine.
- 1st ed.
- New York, NY : Palgrave Macmillan, 2012.
- Physical description
- xviii, 187 p. : ill ; 25 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LA209.2 .P48 2012||Unknown|
- Pine, Nancy.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -180) and index.
- Hard Work or Natural Ability? The Teacher's Role The Confucian Thread Depth of Understanding - Mathematics Pressure and Exams The Influence of Language Classroom Environment and Discipline Digging Deep Performance and Improvisation Aiming Toward College Imaginative Engagement Ready for the Future?
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780230339071 20160608
- Publisher's Summary
- Educating Young Giants carries readers into Chinese and American elementary and high school classrooms, and highlights the big differences between schooling in China and the United States. Drawing from many experiences in schools both in China and America and conversations with students, teachers, and parents, Nancy Pine reveals how these two countries need to extract themselves from outmoded practice and learn from each other's strengths.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780230339064 20160608
- In her groundbreaking book, Educating Young Giants, Nancy Pine reveals how reliance on antiquated teaching methods and ineffectual reform efforts has left youth in the United States and China ill-equipped for the demands of modern technology and the global economy. Transporting us into Chinese elementary and high school classrooms, Pine, a U.S. education expert, highlights essential differences and striking similarities between the two systems. She shows how parents, educators, and policymakers can implement practical solutions, drawing the best from both systems and genuinely equipping our children to meet the challenges we face in the twenty-first century.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780230339071 20160608
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- What kids learn (and don't learn) in China and America
- 9780230339064 (cloth)
- 0230339069 (cloth)
- 9780230339071 (pbk.)
- 0230339077 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: