Starting up : critical lessons from 10 new schools
- edited by Lisa Arrastía, Marvin Hoffman ; foreword by Pedro Noguera.
- New York : Teachers College Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- xvii, 174 p. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LC5131 .S67 2012
- Unknown LC5131 .S67 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Central Park East School: starting out with small schools / Deborah Meier
- North Kenwood Oakland Charter School: small gestures and sturdy nests-the making of NKO / Marvin Hoffman
- Urban Academy High School: a place for the true entrepreneurs of education? / Ann Cook & Phyllis Tashlik
- Maya Angelou Public Charter School: a circle of trust-the story of the see forever school / James Forman, Jr., & David Domenici
- The Met: educating a nation one school at a time? just do it / Elliot Washor & Dennis Littky
- El Colegio Charter School: building el colegio / David Greenberg
- City as classroom school: in all cities geography is power / Lisa Arrastia
- Khalil Gibran International Academy: from dream to nightmare / Debbie Almontaser
- Social Justice High School: truth and transparency, community and collective power-- the evolution of Social Justice High School / Rito Martinez, with Lisa Arrastia
- High School for Recording Arts: old school, new school / David "TC" Ellis, with Sam Seidel.
- Publication date
- 9780807753088 (hbk.)
- 0807753084 (hbk.)
- 9780807753071 (pbk.)
- 0807753076 (pbk.)