Stand tall : teacher's manual & DVD, grades 4-6 : lessons that teach respect and prevent bullying
- Peck, Suzanne W.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2012.
- Physical description
- xii, 99 p. : ill ; 26 cm. + 1 videodisc (37 min. ; 4 3/4 in.)
- Library has: 1 v.
- Library has: 1 v. + 1 videodisc
LC1099 .P43 2012
LC1099 .P43 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 92-93) and index.
- Foreword by Jane Close Conoley Acknowledgments About the Author Introduction 1. How to Use STAND TALL in Your Classroom 2. Your LEGAL Responsibilities and School Policy 3. Let's Talk About RESPECT for Individual Differences 4. Let's Have a Constructive DISCUSSION 5. Let's Talk About ACTION and Options 6. STAND TALL With Your Community 7. Compendium of Additional Resources References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Teach respect and help students achieve their full potential When kids are hurt or angry about name-calling, harassment, or bullying, they don't focus on schoolwork. At what point does bad behavior create a hostile environment, require corrective action, or become a legal issue? STAND TALL is a video-based educational program that educates teachers and students in Grades 4-6 about how to respond to disrespectful behavior. This STAND TALL Teacher's Manual accompanies the DVD and helps teachers build skills that are critical for creating a positive classroom community. With seven quick chapters and four evocative video modules, the STAND TALL program results in three core competencies: RESPECT for individual differences DISCUSSION to further understanding ACTION that transforms behavior One module, which includes commentary from educators, legal experts, and counselors, is designed for teachers and provides guidance on using the student-oriented materials. The program also provides advice on preventing harassment, clarification of relevant laws, Department of Education guidelines, and a compendium of resources and classroom activities. STAND TALL helps teachers create a powerfully positive learning environment in which all students feel respected. Suggested use: Order one STAND TALL Teacher's Manual & DVD to view together plus as many individual STAND TALL Teacher's Manuals as needed to accommodate your group.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Suzanne W. Peck ; foreword by Jane Close Conoley.
- 9781452205298 (pbk.)
- 1452205299 (pbk.)
- 9781452241050 (pbk w/DVD)
- 1452241058 (pbk w/DVD)