Literacy strategies for teacher candidates
- Laurie Elish-Piper, Susan K. L'Allier.
- Boston : Pearson, c2013.
- Physical description
- xix, 147 p. : ill ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1576 .E423 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 140-147).
- Teaching Focus 1. Becoming Engaged with Required Readings from Text Teaching Focus 2. Understanding Phonemic Awareness and How to Teach It Teaching Focus 3. Developing Knowledge About Phonics and How to Teach It Teaching Focus 4. Learning About Fluency Instruction Teaching Focus 5. Examining Vocabulary Instruction Teaching Focus 6. Learning about Comprehension Instruction.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780137155897 20160608
- Publisher's Summary
- Literacy Strategies for Teacher Candidates is packed with a variety of concepts, strategies, and application ideas teacher candidates can use to gain a better understanding of teaching and learning, and ultimately improve the effectiveness of their teaching. The topics covered include the most common content taught in literacy education methods courses. This book serves as a handy supplement that teacher candidates can use to more fully understand the practical applications of the concepts and methods presented and then take the book into their own classrooms as a hands-on guide for implementing the ideas with their own students.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780137155897 20160608
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: