Quality control and industrial statistics
- Acheson J. Duncan.
- 5th ed.
- Homewood, Ill. : Irwin, 1986.
- Physical description
- xxii, 1,123 p. : ill ; 24 cm.
- Duncan, Acheson J. (Acheson Johnston), 1904-
- Bibliography: p. 1063-1098.
- Publisher's Summary
- Ultrasound in Liquid and Solid Metals focuses on the effect of intensive ultrasound on metals, including the analysis of the development of cavitation and acoustic flows in melts, mechanism of metals' spraying and crystallization, the formation of dislocation structure in crystals, diffusion, phase transformation, and plastic deformation. Physical fundamentals of intensive ultrasound effects are covered, and detailed discussions are presented on the engineering principles of equipment and material design for the practical use of ultrasound in the refining of melts, crystallization of ingots and molds, pulverization, plating, pressure working of metals, surface strengthening, and other processes.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Publisher description
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- Also issued online.
- Available in another form
- Online version: Duncan, Acheson J. (Acheson Johnston), 1904- Quality control and industrial statistics. 5th ed. Homewood, Ill. : Irwin, 1986 (OCoLC)570684974