Riverwalk Jazz Collection
- Physical description
- 154.5 linear ft. (265 boxes)
- Finding aid
- Finding aid available online
- Organization & arrangement
- The finding aid has been divided into twenty-six record groups, with individual series and subseries in each group. These can be thought of in the following main categories (with some overlap between them): program recordings and listings ; program production recordings and files ; research recordings and files ; program proposals ; public radio and radio station files ; listener correspondence ; Jim Cullum and JCJB activity (much of it non-Riverwalk) ; Board reports ; website, catalog and newsletter files ; promotional, marketing, and fundraising recordings and files ; sponsor communication and reports ; and general administrative files (principally miscellaneous correspondence, memoranda, and notes concerning finances, conferences, staff, graphic design, etc.). There are also series for hard drives, photographs, video, posters and other oversize graphics. A few files from other Pacific Vista productions are also present in the collection.
- From 1989 to 2012, Riverwalk Jazz: Live At The Landing educated and entertained public radio listeners with a program devoted to celebrating traditional jazz and popular music of the pre-war era, featuring performances from the Jim Cullum Jazz Band and guests. This collection contains copies of all the finished programs, as well as elements, other source material, and files documenting every aspect of the show's production.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Title Variation
- Also known as: Riverwalk Jazz: Live At The Landing Collection
- Also known as: Jim Cullum Riverwalk Jazz Collection
- Open for research; material must be requested at least two business days in advance of intended use. Contact the Archive for assistance.
- The Riverwalk Jazz Collection was donated to the Stanford Archive of Recorded Sound by Pacific Vista Productions in 2012.
- For related materials, please refer to the Archive of Recorded Sound's Jim Cullum Collection, ARS0036.
Browse related items
Start at call number: