50 early childhood literacy strategies
- Janice J. Beaty.
- 3rd ed.
- Boston : Pearson, c2013.
- Physical description
- xvii, 164 p. : ill ; 28 cm.
- Pearson teaching strategies series.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1139.5 .L35 B42 2013||Unknown|
- Beaty, Janice J.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- List of Children's Books Part I Children's Speaking/Listening 1 Emergent Literacy 2 Speaking Words 3 Listening with Intent 4 Listening Center 5 Talk-rich Environment 6 Dramatic Play 7 Dual Language Learners 8 Phonological Awareness 9 Chanting, Singing 10 Vocabulary Development 11 Book Read-Alouds 12 Storytelling 13 Story Drama 14 Puppets 15 Assessing Speaking Progress Part II Children's Writing 16 Emergent Writing 17 Writing Center 18 Environmental Print 19 Alphabet 20 Names 21 Taking Dictation 22 Caption Pictures 23 Easel Painting 24 Finger Painting 25 Chalk 26 Shared Writing 27 Dual Language Learners' Writing 28 Invented Spelling 29 Journals, Literature Logs 30 Messages 31 Block Building 32 Assessing Children's Writing Part III Children's Reading 33 Emergent Reading 34 Book Center 35 Visual Literacy 36 Children Reading Independently 37 Computer Books 38 Shared Reading 39 Dual Language Readers 40 Big Books 41 Predictable Books 42 Song Storybooks 43 Book Characters 44 Sound Words 45 Syllables 46 Kindergarten Reading 47 Literacy Bags 48 Webs 49 Assessing Reading Progress 50 Words, Words, Words Appendix A: Web Sites.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780132690072 20160614
- Publisher's Summary
- For a unique, easy-to-use and easy-to-understand guide to teaching literacy to three-, four-, and five-year-olds-and to meet the state and national mandates-readers can turn to this practical, up-to-date resource. It features 50 ready-to-implement strategies for using picture books and activities to help teach speaking/listening, writing, and reading skills at the early childhood level. 174 top rated picture books have been selected and described or listed within the strategies, making it an ideal resource for students, classroom teachers, and school volunteers alike.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780132690072 20160614
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Fifty early childhood literacy strategies
- Pearson teaching strategies series
Browse related items
Start at call number: