All eyes East : lessons from the front lines of marketing to China's youth
- Mary Bergstrom.
- New York, NY : Palgrave Macmillan, 2012.
- Physical description
- xiii, 237 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Law Library (Crown)
|HQ799 .C5 B47 2012||Unknown|
- Bergstrom, Mary.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The new (r)evolutionaries : the post-70s, post-80s, and post-90s generations
- Progress : mapping new roads to success
- Tipping gender scales : from boys rule to girl power
- About face : seeing new beauty codes
- Speaking up : the seeds of activism
- Driving subcultures : building a center on the edge
- Rebranding Chineseness : new China, new identity.
- Publisher's Summary
- All Eyes East: How Chinese Youth will Revolutionize Global Marketing provides brands looking to capitalize on this new world order with the insight they need to understand and capture the world's most powerful audience. Bergstrom provides insights into Chinese youth revealing what makes them unique from their counterparts around the world. Why are luxury consumers a decade younger in China than they are in other parts of the world - but twenty and thirty year olds collect Hello Kitty? Why do youth leapfrog technology - skipping e-mail and email - to adopt instant communications on mobile phones? Drawing on ethnographies and on-the-ground research, readers will feel deeply connected to this unique emerging market. Founded on expert analysis and brand-specific case studies, Bergstrom exposes audiences to the values that Chinese youth have invented to help them become these superconsumers. While these values of adaptability, immediacy, practicality, and reinvention are specific to China, they will drive a new global value system that will change how marketers think around the world.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780230120624 20160610
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Marketing to China's youth
- 9780230120624 (hardcover)
- 0230120628 (hardcover)
Browse related items
Start at call number: