Creating multi-sensory environments : practical ideas for teaching and learning
- Christopher Davies.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2012.
- Physical description
- xii, 162 p. : ill ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1067 .D38 2012||Unknown|
- Davies, Christopher, 1948 June 21-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- How to use This Book SECTION I: Foundations Structures for creating spaces SECTION TWO: The Ideas for Environments Part 1 - Entrances 1. Doorways 2. Tunnels 3. Passageways Part 2. Rooms Within Rooms 4. Musical Forest 5. A Room Within A Room - corrugated card 6. Story Telling Tent 7. Undersea World 8. Magical Forest 9. The clothes rail 10. Washing line environment Part 3. Newsprint 11. Newsprint covering furniture and walls 12. Snowfield 13. Projection Screen 14. Snowballs 15. Newsprint as a floor covering 16. Hidden Gems- pile of paper Part 4. Card and Cardboard 17. The Winding Tunnel 18. The Snow Queen's Castle 19. Home on the Street Part 5. Other ... 20. The umbrella as a tent 21.Rotary washing line 22. The garden pond with flowing water 23. Bomb Site 24. Woodland Floor 25. Herb Garden Sources of Materials/ Useful websites.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415573306 20160614
- Publisher's Summary
- Multi-sensory environments in the classroom provide a wealth of stimulating learning experiences for all young children whose senses are still under development. Creating Multisensory Environments: Practical Ideas for Teaching and Learning is a highly practical guide to low-cost cost, easy to assemble multi-sensory environments. With a step-by-step guide to each activity, these creative learning environments focus on multi-sensory experiences and: are designed to stimulate all the sensory channels - auditory, visual, kinaesthetic, olfactory and gustatory include suggestions for extension or differentiation depending on the abilities of your pupils, or the time available encourage creative thinking and learning, and development of social and emotional skills feature clear learning Outcomes, linking with P-Scales for children with special education needs can be set up in your classroom or school hall in just a matter of minutes or be a semi-permanent feature in a small area of the classroom, convenient for use at any given moment. Although these activities will be of particular value for children with sensory impairments, they will also provide stimulating learning environments, as promoted in the themes and principles of the Early Years Foundation Stage guidance. Theory and background to multi-sensory learning is provided to enable you to adapt the suggested scenarios according to the needs of individual learners. This practical and easy to use book is an essential companion for busy classroom practitioners wanting to create a stimulating and meaningful learning environment.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415573306 20160614
- Publication date
- 9780415573290 (hardback)
- 0415573297 (hardback)
- 9780415573306 (pbk.)
- 0415573300 (pbk.)
- 9780203141885 (ebook)
- 0203141881 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: