Groups St. Andrews 2009 in Bath
- edited by C.M. Campbell ... [et al.].
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2011.
- Physical description
- 2 v. : ill ; 23 cm.
- London Mathematical Society lecture note series ; 387-388.
Math & Statistics Library
Library has: v.1-
|QA174 .G77 2009 V.1||Unknown|
|QA174 .G77 2009 V.2||Unknown|
- Campbell, C. M., 1942-
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Introduction C. M. Campbell and E. F. Robertson-- 1. Algorithms for matrix groups E. A. O'Brien-- 2. Residual properties of 1-relator groups Mark Sapir-- 3. Words and groups Dan Segal-- 4. The modular isomorphism problem for the groups of order 512 Bettina Eick and Alexander Konovalov-- 5. Recent progress in the symmetric generation of groups Ben Fairbairn-- 6. Discriminating groups: a comprehensive overview Benjamin Fine, Anthony M. Gaglione, Alexei Myasnikov, Gerhard Rosenberger and Dennis Spellman-- 7. Extending the Kegel-Wielandt theorem through pi-decomposable groups L. S. Kazarin, A. Martinez-Pastor and M. D. Perez-Ramos-- 8. On the prime graph of a finite group Behrooz Khosravi-- 9. Applications of Lie rings with finite cyclic grading E. I. Khukhro-- 10. Pronormal subgroups and transitivity of some subgroup properties Leonid A. Kurdachenko, Javier Otal and Igor Ya. Subbotin-- 11. On Engel and positive laws O. Macedonska and W. Tomaszewski-- 12. Maximal subgroups of odd index in finite groups with simple classical socle N. V. Maslova-- 13. Some classic and nearly classic problems on varieties of groups Peter M. Neumann-- 14. Generalizations of the Sylow theorem Danila O. Revin and Evgeny P. Vdovin-- 15. Engel groups Gunnar Traustason-- 16. Lie methods in Engel groups Michael Vaughan-Lee-- 17. On the degree of commutativity of p-groups of maximal class A. Vera-Lopez and M. A. Garcia-Sanchez-- 18. Class preserving automorphisms of finite p-groups: a survey Manoj K. Yadav-- 19. Symmetric colorings of finite groups Yuliya Zelenyuk.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521279048 20160614
- Introduction C. M. Campbell and E. F. Robertson-- A speech in honour of John Cannon and Derek Holt Charles Leedham-Green-- 1. Finite groups of Lie type and their representations Gerhard Hiss-- 2. Iterated monodromy groups Volodymyr Nekrashevych-- 3. Engel elements in groups Alireza Abdollahi-- 4. Some classes of finite semigroups with kite-like egg-boxes of D-classes K. Ahmadidelir and H. Doostie-- 5. Structure of finite groups having few conjugacy class sizes Antonio Beltran and Maria Jose Felipe-- 6. Group theory in cryptography Simon R. Blackburn, Carlos Cid and Ciaran Mullan-- 7. A survey of recent results in groups and orderings: word problems, embeddings and amalgamations V. V. Bludov and A. M. W. Glass-- 8. A survey on the minimum genus and maximum order problems for bordered Klein surfaces E. Bujalance, F. J. Cirre, J. J. Etayo, G. Gromadzki and E. Martinez-- 9. On one-relator quotients of the modular group Marston Conder, George Havas and M. F. Newman-- 10. Miscellaneous results on supersolvable groups K. Corradi, P. Z. Hermann, L. Hethelyi and E. Horvath-- 11. Automorphisms of products of finite groups M. John Curran-- 12. A rational property of the irreducible characters of a finite group M. R. Darafsheh, A. Iranmanesh and S. A. Moosavi-- 13. Automotives Marian Deaconescu and Gary Walls-- 14. On n-abelian groups and their generalizations Costantino Delizia and Antonio Tortora-- 15. Computing with matrix groups over infinite fields A. S. Detinko, B. Eick and D. L. Flannery-- 16. Trends in infinite dimensional linear groups Martyn R. Dixon, Leonid A. Kurdachenko, Jose M. Munoz-Escolano and Javier Otal-- 17. Engel conditions on orderable groups and in combinatorial problems (a survey) Marcel Herzog, Patrizia Longobardi and Mercede Maj.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521279031 20160614
- Publisher's Summary
- Groups St Andrews 2009 was held in the University of Bath in August 2009 and this first volume of a two-volume book contains selected papers from the international conference. Five main lecture courses were given at the conference, and articles based on their lectures form a substantial part of the proceedings. This volume contains the contributions by Gerhard Hiss (RWTH Aachen) and Volodymyr Nekrashevych (Texas A&M). Apart from the main speakers, refereed survey and research articles were contributed by other conference participants. Arranged in alphabetical order, these articles cover a wide spectrum of modern group theory. The regular proceedings of Groups St Andrews conferences have provided snapshots of the state of research in group theory throughout the past 30 years. Earlier volumes have had a major impact on the development of group theory and it is anticipated that this volume will be equally important.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521279031 20160614
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Groups Saint Andrews 2009 in Bath
- London Mathematical Society lecture note series ; 387-388
- Selected papers from the eighth in a series of international conferences, held at the University of Bath, August 1-15, 2009.
- 9780521279031 (pbk. : v. 1)
- 0521279038 (pbk. : v. 1)
- 9780521279048 (pbk. : v. 2)
- 0521279046 (pbk. : v. 2)
Browse related items
Start at call number: