Principles of chemistry : a molecular approach
- Nivaldo J. Tro.
- 2nd ed.
- Boston : Pearson, c2013.
- Physical description
- xxix, 810,  p. : col. ill. ; 29 cm.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
|QD453.3 .T76 2013||Unknown|
- Tro, Nivaldo J.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Matter, Measurement, and Problem Solving 2. Atoms and Elements 3. Molecules, Compounds, and Chemical Equations 4. Chemical Quantities and Aqueous Reactions 5. Gases 6. Thermochemistry 7. The Quantum-Mechanical Model of the Atom 8. Periodic Properties of the Elements 9. Chemical Bonding I: Lewis Theory 10. Chemical Bonding II: Molecular Shapes, Valence Bond Theory, and Molecular Orbital Theory 11. Liquids, Solids, and Intermolecular Forces 12. Solutions 13. Chemical Kinetics 14. Chemical Equilibrium 15. Acids and Bases 16. Aqueous Ionic Equilibrium 17. Free Energy and Thermodynamics 18. Electrochemistry 19. Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry 20. Organic Chemistry.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Adapted from Nivaldo J. Troâ s best-selling general chemistry book, Principles of Chemistry: A Molecular Approach focuses exclusively on the core concepts of general chemistry without sacrificing depth or relevance. Tro's unprecedented two- and three-column problem-solving approach is used throughout to give students sufficient practice in this fundamental skill. A unique integration of macroscopic, molecular, and symbolic illustrations helps students to visualize the various dimensions of chemistry; Troâ s engaging writing style captures studentâ s attention with relevant applications. The Second Edition offers a wealth of new and revised problems, approximately 50 new conceptual connections, an updated art program throughout, and is available with MasteringChemistryï¿½, the most advanced online tutorial and assessment program available. This package contains: Principles of Chemistry: A Molecular Approach, Second Edition .
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- 9780321750907 (hardcover)
- 032175090X (hardcover)
- 9780321750099 (book w/ online access code)
- 0321750098 (book w/ online access code)
Browse related items
Start at call number: