Cyberbullying in the global playground : research from international perspectives
- edited by Qing Li, Donna Cross, and Peter K. Smith.
- Chichester, West Sussex ; Malden, MA : Wiley-Blackwell, 2012.
- Physical description
- xiii, 312 p. : ill ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3013.3 .C93 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- About the Editors vii About the Contributors ix Preface xii Part I Introduction 1 1 Research Into Cyberbullying: Context 3 Qing Li, Peter K. Smith, and Donna Cross Part II European Studies Within a DAPHNE Project 13 2 Comparative Aspects of Cyberbullying in Italy, England, and Spain: Findings From a DAPHNE Project 15 Maria Luisa Genta, Peter K. Smith, Rosario Ortega, Antonella Brighi, Annalisa Guarini, Fran Thompson, Neil Tippett, Joaquin Mora-Merchan, and Juan Calmaestra 3 Self-Esteem and Loneliness in Relation to Cyberbullying in Three European Countries 32 Antonella Brighi, Giannino Melotti, Annalisa Guarini, Maria Luisa Genta, Rosario Ortega, Joaquin Mora-Merchan, Peter K. Smith, and Fran Thompson 4 Cyberbullying in Finland 57 Christina Salmivalli and Virpi Poyhonen Part III Studies in Commonwealth Countries 73 5 Cyberbullying in Australia: Is School Context Related to Cyberbullying Behavior? 75 Donna Cross, Therese Shaw, Melanie Epstein, Helen Monks, Julian Dooley, and Lydia Hearn 6 Predicting Student Behaviors: Cyberbullies, Cybervictims, and Bystanders 99 Qing Li and Tak Fung Part IV Studies in the USA 115 7 An Examination of the History, Prevalence, Characteristics, and Reporting of Cyberbullying in the United States 117 Brett Holfeld and Mark Grabe 8 Cyberbullying in the United States 143 Sheri Bauman Part V Studies in the Pacific Rim 181 9 Cyberbullying in Japan: Cases, Government Reports, Adolescent Relational Aggression, and Parental Monitoring Roles 183 Ikuko Aoyama, Shoka Utsumi, and Motohiro Hasegawa 10 Cyberbullying in South Korea 202 Neil Tippett and Keumjoo Kwak Part VI The Psychological Context of Cyberbullying 221 11 Virtual but not Less Real: A Study of Cyberbullying and Its Relations to Moral Disengagement and Empathy 223 Ana Almeida, Isabel Correia, Sylvie Marinho, and D'Jamila Garcia 12 Cyberbullying and Traditional Bullying: Unique, Additive, and Synergistic Effects on Psychological Health Symptoms 245 Ersilia Menesini, Pamela Calussi, and Annalaura Nocentini 13 Motives for Bullying Others in Cyberspace: A Study on Bullies and Bully-Victims in Austria 263 Petra Gradinger, Dagmar Strohmeier, and Christiane Spiel Part VII Research and Intervention in Cyberbullying 285 14 Understanding and Preventing Cyberbullying: Where Have We Been and Where Should We Be Going? 287 Donna Cross, Qing Li, Peter K. Smith, and Helen Monks Index 306.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Cyberbullying in the Global Playground provides the first global, in-depth analysis of the emerging phenomenon of cyberbullying. Offers the first thorough comparative account of recent research into the emerging global phenomenon of cyberbullying Provides an international perspective on the prevalence and nature of cyberbullying Presents recent authoritative research within a critical perspective, drawing out theoretical and practical implications for policy and practice May be used to help design intervention, evaluation, and policy strategies for effective efforts to combat the international phenomenon of cyberbullying.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781444333763 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1444333763 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781119954453 (ePDFs)
- 1119954452 (ePDFs)
- 9781119954484 (Wiley Online Library)
- 1119954487 (Wiley Online Library)
- 9781119954460 (ePub)
- 1119954460 (ePub)
- 9781119954477 (Mobi)
- 1119954479 (Mobi)
Browse related items
Start at call number: