Feminist popular education in transnational debates : building pedagogies of possibility
- edited by Linzi Manicom and Shirley Walters.
- 1st ed.
- New York, NY : Palgrave Macmillan, 2012.
- Physical description
- xii, 259 p. ; 23 cm.
- Comparative feminist studies series.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC197 .F4754 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Feminist Popular Education: Pedagogies, Politics, and Possibilities-- L.Manicom & S.Walters Digging up the Ground Beneath Our Feet: Exploring Psychoanalytic Contributions to Feminist Popular Education-- B.Williams & A.Meckesheimer The Politics of Listening: The Power of Theatre to Create Dialogic Spaces-- S.Butterwick Twenty Year Sentences: Women's Writing Workshops in U.S. Prisons and Jails-- T.Jacobi Venus in Lesotho: Women, Theatre, and the Collapsible Boundaries of Silence-- K.Lissard Shaping the Magic: Reflections on Some Core Principles of Feminist Popular Education-- D.Platenga Heart-felt Pedagogy in the Time of HIV and AIDS-- H.Ferris & S.Walters "Becoming the Change You Want to See in the World"-- M.Friedman No More Silence: Forging a Feminist Path towards Collective Decolonization-- C.L.D'Arcangelis & A.Huntley www.net: Quest(ion)ing Transformative Possibilities of the Web-- J.Horsman Feminist Artists and Popular Education: The Creative Turn-- D.Clover The Intersecting Roles of Religion, Culture and Spirituality in Feminist Popular Education in a Post 9/11 U.S. Context-- E.J.Tisdell, F.Brown-Haywood, N.Charaniya & J.W.Walsh Holding onto Transformative Practices in a University: Musings of a Feminist Popular Educator-- S.Ismail Feminist Health Education on the Net-- L.Hunt & D.Kaercher.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book is a collection of grounded accounts by feminist popular educators reflecting critically on processes of collective learning and self- and social transformation in various geopolitical settings.The contributors add to the debate on the forging of feminist praxis today.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Comparative feminist studies
- 9780230339132 (hardback)
- 0230339131 (hardback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: