Noiseless steganography : the key to covert communications
- Abdelrahman Desoky.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- xix, 282 p. : ill ; 24 cm.
Math & Statistics Library
|QA268 .D47 2012||Unknown|
- Desoky, Abdelrahman.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 265-276) and index.
- Introduction Steganography: Definition, Current State, and Concerns Noiseless Steganography (Nostega) Paradigm Summary of the Contributions Book Outline Conclusion Related Work Text Steganography Non-Textual Steganography Graphstega: Graph Steganography Methodology Graphstega Methodology Other Steganographic Cover Types Communications Protocol Conclusion Chestega: Chess Steganography Methodology Chestega Methodology Chestega Implementation Conclusion Edustega: Education-Centric Steganography Methodology Edustega Methodology Edustega Implementation Conclusion Sumstega: Summarization-Based Steganography Methodology Automatic Summarization Overview Sumstega Carriers Sumstega Methodology Conclusion Matlist: Mature Linguistic Steganography Methodology Introduction Matlist Methodology Matlist Implementation Conclusion NORMALS: Normal Linguistic Steganography Methodology NORMALS Methodology NORMALS Implementation Performance Conclusion Headstega: Steganography Methodology Headstega Methodology Headstega Implementation Conclusion Jokestega: Automatic Joke Generation Based Steganography Methodology Automatic Joke Generation Jokestega Methodology Jokestega Implementation Conclusion Listega: Steganography Methodology Listega Methodology Listega Implementation Conclusion Notestega: Steganography Methodology Automatic Note Taking Notestega Methodology Notestega Implementation Conclusion Steganalysis Validation Traffic Attack Contrast and Comparison Attacks Linguistics Attacks Statistical Signature Conclusion Conclusion and Future Work Contributions Bitrate Final Conclusion and Future Work Bibliography Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781439846216 20160614
- Publisher's Summary
- Among the features that make Noiseless Steganography: The Key to Covert Communications a first of its kind: * The first to comprehensively cover Linguistic Steganography * The first to comprehensively cover Graph Steganography * The first to comprehensively cover Game Steganography Although the goal of steganography is to prevent adversaries from suspecting the existence of covert communications, most books on the subject present outdated steganography approaches that are detectable by human and/or machine examinations. These approaches often fail because they camouflage data as a detectable noise by altering digital images, audio files, text, etc. However, such alteration raises suspicion and makes the message discernible by detecting its noise. Addressing such shortcomings, Noiseless Steganography: The Key to Covert Communications introduces a novel Noiseless Steganography Paradigm (Nostega). Rather than hiding data in noise or producing noise, Nostega camouflages messages as well as their transmission in the form of unquestionable data in the generated steganographic cover. The book explains how to use Nostega to determine suitable domains capable of generating unsuspicious steganographic cover in which messages are embedded in the form of innocent data that is compatible with the chosen domain. It presents a number of Nostega-based methodologies, including but not limited to: * A novel cover type that enables data to be hidden in plotted graphs * A novel methodology that pursues popular games such as chess, checkers, crosswords, and dominoes to conceal messages * Comprehensive coverage of linguistic steganography * Several novel linguistic steganography methodologies based on Natural Language Processing and Computational Linguistic techniques such as: Education-Centric-Based, Summarization-Based, Natural Language Generation Based, Random-Series-Based, Email Headers Based, Automatic Joke Generation Based, List-Based, and Automatic Notes Generation Based The first book to provide comprehensive coverage of Linguistic Steganography, Graph Steganography, and Game Steganography, it discusses the implementation and steganalysis validation of ten Nostega-based methodologies. It describes how to establish covert channels by employing the selected domain to serve as justification for the interaction and delivery of the cover among the communicating parties. Instead of using contemporary steganography approaches to camouflage your data as noise that is assumed to look innocent, the text provides you with the tools to prevent your adversaries from suspecting the existence of covert communications altogether.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781439846216 20160614
- Publication date
- 9781439846216 (hardback)
- 1439846219 (hardback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: