RTI for reading at the secondary level : recommended literacy practices and remaining questions
- Deborah K. Reed, Jade Wexler, Sharon Vaughn.
- New York : Guilford Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- x, 262 p. : ill., map ; 27 cm.
- What works for special needs learners.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LB1050.5 .R444 2012
- Unknown LB1050.5 .R444 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 249-257) and index.
- Vaughn, Fletcher, Prologue: Response to Intervention with Secondary Students: Why the Issues Are Different Than with Elementary Students. Introduction. RTI in Reading: An Overview. Step 1: Implementing Effective Tier 1 Instruction. Step 2: Establishing Interventions in Reading. Step 3: Guidelines for Tiers 2 and 3. Step 4: Refining Implementation of RTI. Epilogue. Appendix A. Sample Middle School Schedules: Grades 6-8. Appendix B. Sample Junior High Schedules: Grades 7-8. Appendix C. Sample High School Schedule. Appendix D. Examples of Vocabulary and Comprehension Strategies for Content-Area Instruction. Appendix E. Examples of Reading Intervention Strategies. Appendix F. Resources for Implementing RTI at the Secondary Level.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Grounded in the best current knowledge, this book shows how to implement Response to Intervention (RTI) in middle and high school contexts. Detailed guidelines are presented for teaching reading comprehension, vocabulary, and other aspects of literacy across the content areas, and for providing effective interventions for students who require additional support. The authors describe RTI procedures that are specifically tailored to the needs of struggling adolescent learners and that take into account the challenges and logistics of secondary-level implementation. More than 20 reproducible tools for planning, assessment, progress monitoring, and multi-tiered instruction are featured; the large-size format facilitates photocopying.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- What works for special-needs learners
- 9781462503568 (pbk.)
- 146250356X (pbk.)