Edward E. Eyre : California pioneer
- based on research, text & notes by Andria S. Daley ; edited by Peter Farquhar.
- Washoe Valley, Nev. : Edward E. (Ned) Eyre, Jr., 2006.
- Physical description
- xxiv, 258 p. : ill ; 26 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Eyre, Edward Engle, 1823-1899.
- Pioneers > California > Biography.
- Soldiers > California > Biography.
- United States. Army. California Cavalry Regiment, 1st (1861-1865)
- Southwest, New > History > Civil War, 1861-1865 > Cavalry operations.
- United States > History > Civil War, 1861-1865 > Cavalry operations.
- San Francisco (Calif.) > Biography.
- Ayers family.
- Publication date
- "A brief chronicle of the life & times of Edward E. Eyre, California pioneer: beginnings in Illinois & Missouri; to Sacramento overland in the Gold Rush of 1849; his rise to prosperous merchant & prominent gentleman in Sacramento, 1850s; Lt. Colonel, First California Cavalry, 1861; repatriation of Union forts in New Mexico territory & the Rio Grande in 1862; activities on the Comstock & financial success, 1860s-1870s; leadership and distinction on the San Francisco Stock and Exchange Board; & family eminence in San Francisco society, 1870s-1890s."
- Also available on CD ROM.
- System requirements for accompanying computer disc: PC or MAC; Adobe Acrobat 7.0.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: