Reform versus dreams : preventing student failure
- Rosalind LaRocque.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2012.
- Physical description
- ix, 122 p. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LB2822.82 .L368 2012
- Unknown LB2822.82 .L368 2012
- LaRocque, Rosalind.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 109-113) and index.
- Foreword Preface Acknowledgments Chapter 1. A Call to Action Chapter 2. A Place to Stand Chapter 3. Fulfilling the Dream Chapter 4. The Impact of ILT Chapter 5. Reflections Chapter 6. Words of Wisdom Chapter 7 From Then to Now Appendix A Group Expectations Letter to Parents Appendix B Class Rules Appendix C Weekly Attendance and Grade Report Appendix D Parent-Educator Conference Form Appendix E Guidance Department Collaboration Appendix F Response From the Guidance Department Appendix G Integrated Learning Teams Appendix H Thank You Letter to Counselors Appendix I Thank You Letters to Presenters Appendix J Youth Multi-Service Center Appendix K Extra Credit Program Appendix L Student Evaluation Result Appendix M Integrated Learning Teams Budget Bibliography Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- School change has been at center of school reform, and many schools have moved to meet the needs of students in various areas. In many instances, there has been only one addition to the school system to serve as the element of school change. Today's school communities need a deeper understanding not only of what research says about school change, but also of the specifics about how to apply the rich treasure of research available to help in their own improvement process, and Rosalind's account addresses that need. But this is no mere academic discussion. This book is a valuable tool for effective change! Yes, this book is here just in time. It reminds readers that student-centered approaches that include clear, achievable program goals, relevant and rigorous curriculum, post-high school goal setting, research-based instruction, a respectful and productive learning environment, and parent involvement turn reform plans into decisive actions with successful results. The lessons learned from the '90s and lessons to be learned from this book will surely help our most challenged learners and their teachers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781610487351 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1610487354 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781610487368 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610487362 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610487375 (electronic)
- 1610487370 (electronic)