The courage to grow : leading with intentionality
- Kristine Servais and Kellie Sanders.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, c2012.
- Physical description
- vii, 193 p. : ill ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LB2805 .S5414 2012
- Unknown LB2805 .S5414 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 183-187) and index.
- Acknowledgments Introduction: Getting Ready For the Courage to Grow Chapter One: Leadership Growth: Knowing the Objectives of the Game Chapter Two: A Leader's Vision: Making our Dreams a Reality Chapter Three: A Culture For Leading and Learning: Growing What Really Matters Chapter Four: Managing and Leading: The Balancing Act to Optimize Learning Chapter Five: Partnerships: Growing Sustainable Relationships Chapter Six: Leadership Ethics and Integrity: A Code of Conduct for All Chapter Seven: The Politics of Leadership: Understanding and Responding to Political Perspectives Chapter Eight: Training Camp: Professional Development with Intentionality Chapter Nine: Celebrating with Intentionality Epilogue References Index About the Authors.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The Courage to Grow: Leading with Intentionality shows educational leaders how to design and carry out a leadership professional development plan. It is a guide that allows leaders to construct their own learning to measure knowledge, assess growth, and improve performance. This training manual is for the teacher leader, beginning principal, practicing principal, assistant principal, department chair, district office administrator, aspiring leadership candidate, and professor of principal preparation. Chapters begin with a section called Learning with Intentionality, as defined as an intense energy or desire to grow exponentially, followed by a personal application of Caring with Intentionality. Chapters 2 - 7 include a leadership self-assessment utilizing the ISLLC Standards and conclude with growth activities. Depending on their leadership roles, the readers can select activities best suited to grow performance from present realities to ideal conditions for learning. The reader is then encouraged to design a personal Action Plan that takes into account knowledge from each chapter, strategies for growing performance with intentionality, and self-assessment results. Finally, each chapter includes websites, resources, and activities to improve leadership.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781442216075 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1442216077 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781442216013 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1442216018 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781442216020 (electronic)
- 1442216026 (electronic)