Engaging students through performance assessment : creating performance tasks to monitor student learning
- Tracey K. Flach.
- Englewood, Colo. : Lead + Learn Press, c2011.
- Physical description
- xvii, 246 p. : ill ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3051 .F555 2011||Unknown|
- Flach, Tracey K.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 239-241) and index.
- Balanced assessment systems
- Creating a standards-based performance assessment
- Step 1: selecting an assessment topic/unit of study
- Step 2: identifying matching priority and supporting standards
- Step 3: "unwrapping" the priority and supporting standards and creating a graphic organizer
- Step 4: determining the big ideas
- Step 5: writing essential questions
- Step 6: designing performance tasks
- Step 7: developing performance tasks
- Step 8: identifying interdisciplinary standards
- Step 9: creating engaging scenarios
- Step 10: developing scoring guides (rubrics)
- Performance assessments and data teams
- Performance tasks
- Implementation of performance assessments
- Appendix A: performance assessment scoring guide
- Appendix B: Bloom's revised taxonomy
- Appendix C: performance assessment roles, products, and performances
- Appendix D: performance assessment samples.
- Publication date
- 9781935588122 (alk. paper)
- 1935588125 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: