Documenting learning with eportfolios : a guide for college instructors
- Tracy Penny Light, Helen L. Chen, John C. Ittelson.
- 1st ed.
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, c2012.
- Physical description
- xxi, 160 p. : ill ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1029 .P67 L54 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 149-154) and index.
- List of Figures vii Preface ix Acknowledgments xv About the Authors xix Introduction 1 PART 1 Documenting Learning with ePortfolios 5 1 Why Document Learning? 7 2 A Stakeholder's Approach to Documenting Learning 25 3 Designing Effective ePortfolio Learning Activities 41 PART 2 Creating and Implementing ePortfolios 67 4 Engaging Today's Learners: Students and ePortfolios 69 5 ePortfolios Outside the Classroom: Involving Campus Partners 85 6 Using ePortfolios to Support Assessment 95 PART 3 Practical Considerations for Implementing ePortfolios 105 7 Faculty Development and ePortfolios 107 8 Selecting ePortfolio Technologies to Support Learning 121 9 Evaluating the Impact of ePortfolios 139 Conclusion 145 References 149 Index 155.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470636206 20160607
- Publisher's Summary
- E-portfolios perform many functions in higher education at both an institutional and student level. This book offers online instructors guidance in creating and implementing e-portfolios with their students. It helps them assess the needs of their students then design and implement a strategic, comprehensive e-portfolio program tailored to these needs. Further, it lets instructors see how such programs can be used as an example of their own personal and professional academic development. This is an essential resource for any online instructor or student wishing to use e-portfolios as a tool.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470636206 20160607
- Publication date
- 9780470636206 (pbk.)
- 0470636203 (pbk.)
- 9781118204948 (ebk.)
- 1118204948 (ebk.)
- 9781118204955 (ebk.)
- 1118204956 (ebk.)
- 9781118204962 (ebk.)
- 1118204964 (ebk.)
- 99781118204955 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: