Between global and local : adult learning and development
- António Fragoso, Ewa Kurantowicz, Emilio Lucio-Villegas (eds.).
- Frankfurt am Main ; New York : Peter Lang, c2011.
- Physical description
- 243 p. ; 22 cm.
- European studies in lifelong learning and adult learning research ; 7.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC5225 .S64 B48 2011||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Contents: Antonio Fragoso/Ewa Kurantowicz/Emilio Lucio-Villegas: Introducing the global and the local: a permanent tension for the increasing complexity of human development - Marjorie Mayo: Learning global citizenship? Exploring connections between the local and the global - Rennie Johnston: Community development for a change: reviewing different models - Adrianna Nizinska: Toward emancipatory learning in a global world of academia. Biographical contexts of experiencing HE: in search for life improvement - Rob Evans: Changing places: yearning to learn and the local/global tensions in a learning biography - Ewa Kurantowicz: Micro development: among localisation, de-localisation and re-localisation processes in the perspective of Polish social and political transformations - Emilio Lucio-Villegas: From local to global. What we learn from some experiences of local development in Andalusia (Spain) - Antonio Fragoso: Times goes by: an overview of local development in Portugal - Alberto Melo: Is there a right to development? - Licinio Lima: Adult learning and civil society organisations: Participation for transformation? - Akiko Hemmi/Jim Crowther/Eurig Scandrett: Environmental activism and virtual social capital: help or hindrance? - Peter Taylor: Seeking good change: discovering the transformative potential of adult education - Rozalia Ligus: Migration and global learning spaces - Malgorzata Malec: Elderly people in small local communities of Lower Silesia - spaces of marginalization? - Marcin Golebniak: Learning diasporic identity: The case of Greek Political Refugees in Lower Silesia - Alcides Monteiro/Isabel Gomes: The landscape changes when we alter the perspective: envisaging new ways of looking at old problems through learning relationships with adults.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book contributes to the debate of the complex relations between development and adult learning in Europe, both at a local and global level. This integrated analysis provides models for interpreting the reality of macro and micro-development, and also for clues on how to make populations life's better. The book will be useful to researchers in the field of adult education, as well as other social actors (NGOs, social economists, sociologists, and practitioners) concerned with the recent trends in human development and how adult education can help people to deal with it.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Adult learning and development
- European studies in lifelong learning and adult learning research, 1860-787X ; v. 7
Browse related items
Start at call number: