Essential measures for student success : implementing cooperation, collaboration, and coordination between schools and parents
- Edwena Kirby.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2012.
- Physical description
- xii, 91 p. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LB2822.82 .K523 2012
- Unknown LB2822.82 .K523 2012
- Kirby, Edwena, 1953-
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Contents Introduction 1 Part One: Factors Impacting Student Achievement 4 Chapter 1: The Historical Mission of Education 5 Chapter 2: Children in Your School 10 Chapter 3: Understanding Child Development 14 Chapter 4: Systems Impacting the Lives of Children 21 Chapter 5: Ecological Factors Influencing the Behavior of Children 26 Chapter 6: Children's Responses to Their School Experience 54 Part Two: Strategies to Close the Achievement Gap 63 Chapter 7: Love 66 Chapter 8: Power 82 Chapter 9: Fun 94 Chapter 10 Freedom 101 Chapter 11: Success for All 107 Endnotes 120 Appendices 125.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book unveils "essential measures" that create a revitalized educational system of which educators and parents can use to promote student success. When these measures are applied properly, the benefits include, eradicating student fear, elevating student motivation, improving school attendance, and reducing student dropout rates. These measures aim to improve student pride and academic excellence while closing the student achievement gap.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781610487597 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1610487591 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781610487603 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610487605 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610487610 (electronic)
- 1610487613 (electronic)