Living the questions : a guide for teacher-researchers
- Ruth Shagoury & Brenda Miller Power.
- 2nd ed.
- Portland, Me. : Stenhouse Publishers, c2012.
- Physical description
- x, 290 p. : ill ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1028.24 .H83 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 269-280) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Teacher research is an extension of good teaching, observing students closely, analyzing their needs, and adjusting the curriculum to fit the needs of all. In this completely updated second edition of their definitive work, Ruth Shagoury and Brenda Miller Power present a framework for teacher research along with an extensive collection of narratives from teachers engaged in the process of designing and carrying out research projects to inform their instruction.This edition includes a greater variety of short contributions from a wide range of teacher-researchers -- novices and veterans from all backgrounds and parts of the country -- who speak to the growing diversity in today's classrooms. Threaded throughout the chapters and narratives is a discussion of the emergence of digital tools and their effect on both teaching and the research process, along with an expanded number of research designs.The book has three primary components: 1.Chapters written by the authors explaining key elements of the research process: finding questions, designing projects, data collection and analysis, and more 2.Research activities that enable readers to try out the featured strategies and techniques 3.Teacher-researcher essays in which teachers share details of completed projects and discuss the impact they have had in their classrooms."Living the Questions, Second Edition: A Guide for Teacher-Researchers" will take you step-by-step through the process of designing, implementing, and publishing your research. Along the way, it will introduce you to dozens of kindred spirits who are finding new passion for teaching by "living the questions" every day in their classrooms. You will be reminded of why you became a teacher yourself.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781571108463 20160608
- Publication date
- 9781571108463 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1571108467 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781571109446 (ebook)
- 1571109447 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: