Implementing response-to-intervention in elementary and secondary schools : procedures to assure scientific-based practices
- Matthew K. Burns, Kimberly Gibbons.
- 2nd ed.
- New York : Routledge, c2012.
- Physical description
- xvii, 200 p. : ill ; 23 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
- School-based practice in action series.
Education Library (Cubberley)
Library has: 1 v. + 1 CD-
|LB1029 .R4 B79 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 167-190) and index.
- Response to Intervention: What It Is and Why We Do It. Assessments within an RTI System. Data-based Decision Making. Schoolwide Organization to Facilitate RTI. Curriculum and Instruction for All Children: Tier I. Intervention Strategies for a Selected Group: Tier II. Intensive Interventions for Individual Students: Tier III. Implementing RTI Framework in Early Childhood Settings. Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Implementation and Tips for Getting Started.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415500722 20160614
- Publisher's Summary
- An update to the bestselling first edition, this practical guidebook for implementing a school-wide Response-to-Intervention (RTI) model clearly and concisely presents issues from assessment and decision-making to Tiers I, II, and III interventions. The authors discuss what RTI is and why it is used, how to conduct assessments within an RtI system, and how to create a school-wide organization to facilitate RTI. Curricula, instruction, and intervention strategies for each Tier level covered in detail, and answers to frequently asked questions and tips for getting started are also provided. Each chapter has been extensively revised and updated with the most current research and work in the field. New to this edition are a chapter on RTI in early childhood settings and a section in each chapter focused on considerations for secondary schools. A companion CD includes forms, checklists, reports, and progress monitoring materials to assist practitioners in the implementation of interventions. With this valuable, practical resource, school-based practitioners will be able to put the information they read into action immediately to enhance the implementation of RtI services for their schools and students.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415500722 20160614
- Publication date
- School-based practice in action series
- 9780415500722 (pbk.)
- 0415500729 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: