Diamond Kimm file / Friends of Diamond Kimm, 1945-1956
- Los Angeles : Friends of Diamond Kimm, 1956.
- Physical description
- 1 file [includes four items].
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|MISC 1765||In-library use|
- Corporate Author
- Friends of Diamond Kimm
- The Diamond Kimm case has reached a critical stage requiring immediate action to save his life,
- 2 pages : flyer by Syngman Rhee of the Friends of Diamond Kimm,
- Letter, "Dear Friends..., from John F. Clewe (Friends of Diamond Kimm),
- 1 page,
- 1956 Oct.
- "Concerning Diamond Kimm," Dear Friend...," from three religious leaders,
- 1956 Aug.
- Letter to Diamond Kimm from the War Department, Field Experimental Unit; an official commendation and thanks from Carl F. Eifler,
- 1945 Nov. 9.
- Publication date
- Cover sheet is an 8.5x14 inch page printed both sides, with a small photo of Kimm at head, outlining the deportation proceedings the government had undertaken for his leftist sympathies, and warning that return to South Korea would effectively be a death sentence for the activist. To this are stapled three 8.5x11 inch sheets; the first a mimeographed appeal letter from John F. Clewe, the head of Friends of Diamond Kimm, the second a facsimile of a letter co-signed by two ministers and a rabbi attesting to Kimm's character, and the last a copy of a letter that had been sent to Kimm at the end of World War II by Carl Eifler of the OSS thanking Kimm for his service to the country. [Descriptive information supplied by dealer // JAD20120405]
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased, 2012. Accession 2012-118.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: