Discrete mathematics and its applications
- Kenneth H. Rosen.
- 7th ed.
- New York : McGraw-Hill, c2012.
- Physical description
- 1 v. (various pagings) : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA39.2 .R654 2012||Unknown|
- Rosen, Kenneth H.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Chapter 1: The Foundations: Logic and Proofs Chapter 2: Basic Structures: Sets, Functions, Sequences, Sums, Matrices Chapter 3: Algorithms Chapter 4: Number Theory and Cryptography Chapter 5: Induction and Recursion Chapter 6: Counting Chapter 7: Discrete Probability Chapter 8: Advanced Counting Techniques Chapter 9: Relations Chapter 10: Graphs Chapter 11: Trees Chapter 12: Boolean Algebra Chapter 13: Modeling Computation Appendices.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780073383095 20160608
- Publisher's Summary
- "Discrete Mathematics and its Applications, Seventh Edition", is intended for one- or two-term introductory discrete mathematics courses taken by students from a wide variety of majors, including computer science, mathematics, and engineering. This renowned best-selling text, which has been used at over 500 institutions around the world, gives a focused introduction to the primary themes in a discrete mathematics course and demonstrates the relevance and practicality of discrete mathematics to a wide a wide variety of real-world applications!from computer science to data networking, to psychology, to chemistry, to engineering, to linguistics, to biology, to business, and to many other important fields.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780073383095 20160608
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information
Table of contents only
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: