- Thomas Engel, Philip Reid, Warren Hehre.
- 3rd ed.
- Boston : Pearson, c2013.
- Physical description
- xix, 1,103 p. : col. ill. ; 29 cm.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
|QD453.3 .E54 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1 Fundamental Concepts of Thermodynamics 2 Heat, Work, Internal Energy, Enthalpy, and the First Law of Thermodynamics 3 The Importance of State Functions: Internal Energy and Enthalpy 4 Thermochemistry 5 Entropy and the Second and Third Laws of Thermodynamics 6 Chemical Equilibrium 7 The Properties of Real Gases 8 Phase Diagrams and the Relative Stability of Solids, Liquids, and Gases 9 Ideal and Real Solutions 10 Electrolyte Solutions 11 Electrochemical Cells, Batteries, and Fuel Cells 12 From Classical to Quantum Mechanics 13 The Schrodinger Equation 14 The Quantum Mechanical Postulates 15 Using Quantum Mechanics on Simple Systems 16 The Particle in the Box and the Real World 17 Commuting and Noncommuting Operators and the Surprising Consequences of Entanglement 18 A Quantum Mechanical Model for the Vibration and Rotation of Molecules 19 The Vibrational and Rotational Spectroscopy of Diatomic Molecules 20 The Hydrogen Atom 21 Many-Electron Atoms 22 Quantum States for Many- Electron Atoms and Atomic Spectroscopy 23 The Chemical Bond in Diatomic Molecules 24 Molecular Structure and Energy Levels for Polyatomic Molecules 25 Electronic Spectroscopy 26 Computational Chemistry 27 Molecular Symmetry 28 Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy 29 Probability 30 The Boltzmann Distribution 31 Ensemble and Molecular Partition Functions 32 Statistical Thermodynamics 33 Kinetic Theory of Gases 34 Transport Phenomena 35 Elementary Chemical Kinetics 36 Complex Reaction Mechanisms.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780321817198 20160614
- Publisher's Summary
- Engel and Reidâ s Physical Chemistry provides students with a contemporary and accurate overview of physical chemistry while focusing on basic principles that unite the sub-disciplines of the field. The Third Edition continues to emphasize fundamental concepts, while presenting cutting-edge research developments to emphasize the vibrancy of physical chemistry today. .
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780321817198 20160614
- Publication date
- 9780321812001 (casebound)
- 032181200X (casebound)
Browse related items
Start at call number: