The Arabian nights
- written by Wafa' Tarnowska ; illustrated by Carole Hénaff.
- Cambridge, MA : Barefoot Books, 2011.
- Physical description
- 160 p. : col. ill. ; 21 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
PJ7716 .A1 T37 2011
- Unknown PJ7716 .A1 T37 2011
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 160).
- Shahriyar meets Shahrazade
- Aladdin and the wonderful lamp
- The diamond anklet
- Jullanar of the sea
- The ebony horse
- The speaking bird and the singing tree
- Prince Kamar el Zaman and Princess Boudour
- Seven nights of celebrations.
- Publisher's Summary
- Lebanese author Wafa Tarnowska opens a window onto the Arab world with her magnificent translation of eight stories from A Thousand and One Nights. This edition is notable for combining favorites such as Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp with less familiar tales such as The Diamond Anklet and The Speaking Bird and the Singing Tree. The collection also features the frame stories about Shahriyar and Shahrazade.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781846865688 (pbk.)
- 1846865689 (pbk.)