Salmon P. Chase autograph letter signed to Mrs. Aberla E. White, 1864 March 2.
- Physical description
- 2 p. ; 23 cm.
Also available at
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|TAN MS 076 BOX 6||In-library use|
- Chase, Salmon P. (Salmon Portland), 1808-1873.
- Manuscript letter from Salmon P. Chase to Mrs. Aberla E. White regarding the termination of employment of a Mrs. Spaulding for allowing rebel songs to be sung in her house.
- Publication date
- Manuscript letter on Treasury Department letterhead, with later manuscript transcription on 2 pages of lined notebook paper.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 36 hours in advance of intended use.
- Gift of the estate of Charles J. Tanenbaum, May 2008.
- Salmon P. Chase was US Treasury Secretary 1861-1864 and Chief Justice of the United States 1864-1873.
Browse related items
Start at call number: