- Patrick McDonnell.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Little, Brown and Co., 2011.
- Physical description
- 1 v. (unpaged) : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 22 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
PS3563 .C35848 M4 2011
- Unknown PS3563 .C35848 M4 2011
- McDonnell, Patrick, 1956-
- Publisher's Summary
- In his characteristic heartwarming and minimalistic style, Patrick McDonnell tells the story of a young Jane Goodall and her special childhood toy chimpanzee named Jubilee. As the young Jane observes the natural world around her with wonder, she dreams of 'a life living with and helping all animals, ' until one day she finds that her dream has come true. One of the world's most inspiring women, Dr. Jane Goodall is a renowned humanitarian, conservationist, animal activist, environmentalist, and United Nations Messenger of Peace. In 1977 she founded the Jane Goodall Institute (JGI), a global nonprofit organization that empowers people to make a difference for all living things. With anecdotes taken directly from Jane Goodall's autobiography, McDonnell makes this very true story accessible for the very young - and young at heart.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Caldecott Honor, 2012.
- Charlotte Zolotow Award, 2012.