Introduction to robust estimation and hypothesis testing
- Rand Wilcox.
- 3rd ed.
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier/Academic Press, 2012.
- Physical description
- xxi, 690 p. : ill ; 25 cm.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA276.8 .W55 2012||Unknown|
- Wilcox, Rand R.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 631-685) and index.
- Machine generated contents note: Preface 1. Introduction 2. A Foundation for Robust Methods 3. Estimating Measures of Location and Scale 4. Confidence Intervals in the One-Sample Case 5. Comparing Two Groups 6. Some Multivariate Methods 7. One-Way and Higher Designs for Independent Groups 8. Comparing Multiple Dependent Groups 9. Correlation and Tests of Independence 10. Robust Regression 11. More Regression Methods.
- Publisher's Summary
- This revised book provides a thorough explanation of the foundation of robust methods, incorporating the latest updates on R and S-Plus, robust ANOVA (Analysis of Variance) and regression. It guides advanced students and other professionals through the basic strategies used for developing practical solutions to problems, and provides a brief background on the foundations of modern methods, placing the new methods in historical context. Author Rand Wilcox includes chapter exercises and many real-world examples that illustrate how various methods perform in different situations. "Introduction to Robust Estimation and Hypothesis Testing, Second Edition", focuses on the practical applications of modern, robust methods which can greatly enhance our chances of detecting true differences among groups and true associations among variables. This title covers latest developments in robust regression. It covers latest improvements in ANOVA. It includes newest rank-based methods and describes and illustrates easy to use software.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780123869838 20160607
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Introduction to robust estimation & hypothesis testing
- 9780123869838 (hardback)
- 0123869838 (hardback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: