95 strategies for remodeling instruction : ideas for incorporating CCSS
- Laura E. Pinto, Stephanie Spares, Laura Driscoll.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2012.
- Physical description
- xvi, 181 p. : ill ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1570 .P5525 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 177-178) and index.
- Preface Acknowledgments About the Authors 1. Pedagogies in Context 2. Lesson Remodeling: How to Remodel Lessons 3. Present Strategies 4. Apply Strategies 5. Review Strategies Appendix A: Ideas for Grouping Students Appendix B: Guide to Lesson Remodeling PLCs Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781452218755 20160607
- Publisher's Summary
- Give your lesson plans a makeover! Would you rather listen to a lecture or play classroom Jeopardy? Research shows that the most successful learning happens when teachers talk less and engage their students in actively applying concepts. This book shows you how to enhance lessons with 95 research-based strategies that work for all subjects and grade levels. In addition, the authors explain the research on student learning, describe best practices, and provide tools for analyzing your lessons. This step-by-step guide shows how to remodel lessons to: align with the Common Core State Standards; develop 21st century skills; engage students; and, enhance content learning. The book's evidence-based Present-Apply-Review (PAR) model is highly effective for addressing shortfalls in student learning. Included are diagrams, examples, clear instructions for connecting lessons to CCSS anchors, and a guide to sharing the strategies in a professional learning setting. Why teach tomorrow's adults with yesterday's lessons? Amplify your arsenal with storyboarding, Socratic role-play, Wikis, peer huddles, and more - and watch learning soar.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781452218755 20160607
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Ninety-five strategies for remodeling instruction
- 9781452218755 (pbk.)
- 1452218757 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: