Motivating defiant & disruptive students to learn : positive classroom management strategies
- Rich Korb.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- xii, 167 p. : ill ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3013 .K665 2012||Unknown|
- Korb, Rich.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 158-160) and index.
- Preface Acknowledgments About the Author Introduction 1. Introduction to Student Motivation 2. Setting Up a Class Environment for Success 3. Behavior Improvement Strategies for Individual Students 4. Strategies for Managing Classroom Behavior 5. Academic Motivation 6. Students with Disabilities in the General Education Classroom 7. Building Winning Relationships 8. Concluding Thoughts References and Resources Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781452205786 20160607
- Publisher's Summary
- "Motivating Defiant and Disruptive Students to Learn" gives teachers solutions to a broad spectrum on behavioral issues, from preventative methods to intervention best practices. This accessible, step-by-step guide will be an indispensible resource for new and veteran teachers, offering easy-to-implement methods for classroom management and student engagement tailored to individual student needs. With increasing class size and ever increasing student diversity, this book provides teachers with the strategies and scaffolding needed to have confidence and control, allowing them to focus on instruction and learning and avoiding burnout.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781452205786 20160607
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Motivating defiant and disruptive students to learn
- 9781452205786 (pbk.)
- 1452205787 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: