Introduction to mathematical statistics
- Robert V. Hogg, Joseph W. McKean, Allen T. Craig.
- 7th ed.
- Boston : Pearson, c2013.
- Physical description
- x, 694 p. : ill ; 24 cm.
Math & Statistics Library
|QA276 .H59 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 669-672) and index.
- 1. Probability and Distributions. 2. Multivariate Distributions. 3. Some Special Distributions. 4. Some Elementary Statistical Inferences 5. Consistency and Limiting Distributions 6. Maximum Likelihood Methods. 7. Sufficiency. 8. Optimal Tests of Hypotheses. 9. Inferences about Normal Models. 10. Nonparametric and Robust Statistics. 11. Bayesian Statistics. Appendix A. Mathematical Comments Appendix B. R-Functions. Appendix C. Tables of Distributions Appendix D. List of Common Distributions Appendix E. References Appendix F. Answers to Selected Exercises Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780321795434 20160607
- Publisher's Summary
- Introduction to Mathematical Statistics, Seventh Edition, offers a proven approach designed to provide you with an excellent foundation in mathematical statistics. Ample examples and exercises throughout the text illustrate concepts to help you gain a solid understanding of the material.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780321795434 20160607
- Mathematical statistics.
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: